Reston VA is home to many businesses, with high-rise and low-rise commercial buildings that are home to shops, restaurants, offices, a cinema, and a hotel. Reston was the first modern planned community in the country. Reston lies within Farfax county and its about 18 miles from Washington DC.
- Median Home Price; $440,000
- Unique; Area has mixed housing- Single homes, Condos, and Town homes.
- Rental; 2bed2bath; $1,800/month
- Geography of Reston; South Reston, Central Reston and North Reston.
- Commute to Washington DC; (30-45 mins
- Metro train-Silver line.
- Cost of Living; US average living index- 100
- Reston- 146.8(cost of living higher)
- Unemployment rate; 3.2%
What people like about Reston:
- There is a vast network of bike and walking trails throughout the city and neighborhoods.
- Metro -Silver line Nearby.
- Dulles Airport Nearby.
- Shops and restaurants and other amenities.
Reston and nearby Attractions
- Visit Reston Town center-variety of resturants, unique shops, hotel and a outdoor skating rink.
- National Air and Space Museum-display of massive space shuttle discovery,and other space related artifacts.
- Frying Pan Farm Park-farm animals and wagon rides.
- Visit Great Falls Park- national park with incredible views and hiking trails.
- Reston Regional Library
- Botanical Garden-95 acres of botanical garden.
- John Wesley Powell Federal Building.
- A Smith Bowman House.
- Lake Fairfax Park- a 20 acre lake with carousel, picnic grounds and camping ground.
- Reston Golf Course
- Reston Zoo- Get up close and personal with animals such as zebra, aligators,ostrich, bison and more.